Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ooblek

Kids are sticky, messy and sometimes smelly.  They love to get elbow deep in the mud, dirt, sand or even a bag of flour.  They love to explore how things feel.

example A:


example B: 

So to feed this love of sensory play, I decided to make my kids some good old fashioned ooblek.  I remember making this at preschool when I was little and then asking my mom to make it at home so I could show my little sister.  It's really quite easy and will entertain your kids for a long time. The recipe is not an exact science, as I am sure humidity and altitude might affect it.  If the mixture seems too thick, add more water and vice versa.

Ooblek
1 cup water
2 cups cornstarch
3 drops food coloring

I mixed it up in a cookie sheet with the kids out on the porch to save my kitchen another mess!








No comments:

Post a Comment