Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pinteresting Summer (part 2)

After our big move from California to Iowa, I became a stay at home mom for the first time.  In the almost eight years that I have been a mom, I have always worked at least part time.  So I was thrown into not just being home with my kids every day, but home with them all day during summer vacation!  This called for a plan.  I again searched the internet for some daily schedule ideas and then created one in Publisher for our family.  Our Daily Legacy blog has a great themes for each day of the week (plus a daily schedule and a summer checklist with fun things to do), but I really loved the bright rainbow colors of a schedule I saw on Pinterest (with no link to original post).

Here is the schedule that I made for the kids this summer:

I wasn't super strict on following the schedule each and every day, it was summer vacation after all, but the schedule really helped cut down on the 18 million questions like, When is it gonna be snack time? or When can we watch tv?  All I had to to do was direct the kids to the schedule and then they knew what to expect.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment