Sunday, August 23, 2009

Introducing Lavender & Honey

At nearly 30, I feel like I have spent the decade since high school a little bit “lost-and-found.” I have discovered hobbies I thought I would adore, found activities I know I don’t like and revealed my true passions. I have become a wife and a mother. I have grown in my faith with has helped me become a better friend and daughter. As my friendships and family grow, I find my pastimes become intertwined with these people I love. I photograph every moment I can, then fill scrapbooks with these images, tidbits about the day and souvenirs from our special adventures.

My husband and I also have a mutual love of cuisine and nourishing those we care about. In my fondest memories, food has always been central in holidays and joyful gatherings of friends. We have treasured sharing this love of cooking and baking with those around us, and most recently, with our children. Though they are small, they love to be with mommy and daddy in the kitchen, helping in their own small way. Our newest adventure has been exploring the cake baking and decorating world. I look forward to sharing our successes (and failures) on this journey into creating my own blog. In this realm, I would like to share one of my newest favorite recipes. It is a recipe I modified to suit my tastes.


Lavender & Honey Frosting

1 cup cream cheese – softened

2 cups powdered sugar

¼ cup honey

2 Tablespoons dried lavender

Blue food coloring optional

Use coffee or spice grinder to cut dried lavender. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and honey until smooth. Add lavender. Frosting will not be very thick. Goes great as filling in a delicate butter cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment